Stephanie advises national and international clients on all aspects of German and European antitrust law with a specific industry focus on the pharmaceutical/healthcare, chemical and consumer goods sector. She is known for her expertise in distribution and contract related antitrust matters, including e-Commerce, digitalization, R&D co-operations, and licensing matters. Her clients appreciate her long standing work in cartel investigations, the control of abusive practices and antitrust compliance.
Stephanie has been listed for many years as a recommended antitrust lawyer in the JUVE Handbook and other national and international professional directories including Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers, Chambers Europe, Legal 500 Germany and Who’s Who Legal. Since 2019, the latter lists her as “Global Elite Thought Leader”. In 2022, the German association of inhouse lawyers ranked her as most frequently recommended antitrust expert in Germany.
Education and Professional Career
- Founding partner of Commeo (since 09/2010)
- Partner at the Frankfurt office of Baker & McKenzie (2005-2010); Associate with Baker & McKenzie in Frankfurt with secondments in the Washington D.C., London and Brussels offices (2000-2005)
- Admission to the bar (2000)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) from the University of Stellenbosch (South Africa)
- Doctorate at the institute of Prof. Dr. Ulrich Immenga, University of Gottingen; research assistance
- Studies of law at the universities of Wurzburg and Gottingen; stagiaire at the European Commission, DG Competition, in Brussels during the legal training