Johanna advises national and international clients on all aspects of German and European antitrust law with a specific emphasis on German and European merger control including all accompanying transactional antitrust issues as well as on cartel proceedings, abuse of dominance and contract related antitrust issues. She also advises on cartel damage claims and antitrust compliance. She has specialist industry expertise in the media/marketing and consumer goods sectors.
Johanna has been recognized and recommended as antitrust expert for many years in numerous professional directories including Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers, Chambers, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, Expert Guides, WirtschaftsWoche and the JUVE Handbook.
Education and Professional Career
- Founding partner of Commeo (since 09/2010)
- Partner at the Frankfurt office of Baker & McKenzie (2008-2010), Associate with Baker & McKenzie in Frankfurt with secondments to the London and Brussels offices (2002-2008)
- Admission to the bar (2002)
- Research/teaching assistant at University of Frankfurt (1998-2002); Doctorate
- Referendariat am Landgericht Heidelberg (1996-1998)
- Studies of law at the universities of Bonn and Heidelberg; studies abroad at the University of Pennsylvania (USA), Rijksuniversiteit te Leiden (Netherlands) and European University Institute in Florence (Italy); scholarship of the National Merit Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)